Location: Rockville, MD and DC Metro Region
Are you interested in a job where you can be involved in a wide range of projects and make a tangible impact on your team’s overall success? Do you love helping others succeed by supporting them with your organizational and administrative skills, but would love to learn more about entrepreneurship and leading a team? Maybe you even have a desire to grow a career in the residential design industry, and are wondering how to make the leap.
If you enjoy all things systems and love growing those skills, and want to work with a diverse team and set of projects, Hammer might be the right fit for you.
Hammer is a fast growing residential design and build company, serving the Washington DC Metro region with high end renovations such as additions, whole home renovations, including kitchens and baths. We love thought leaders who know how to turn an idea into actionable steps, and we believe that through technology and process improvement, we can design, sell, and build some of the most beautiful and pragmatic renovations in our region. We don’t believe in just achieving the industry norm of our peers and competitors, we strive for ways to improve our people, systems, and end products.
The Executive Assistant is critical to our business and will report directly to the company’s Creative Director / President. You will have a direct involvement in the success of our individual projects and the company as a whole. So if you’re highly motivated and love to make an impact, read on to learn more about this opportunity!
Does this sound like you?
We need an Executive Assistant who will directly support the business activities of the company’s Creative Director / President, both on individual projects and on company wide processes. In this role you will:
- Learn, improve, and manage the incoming marketing system, communicating with new potential client inquiries, identifying ‘best fit’ opportunities, and coordinating them with the sales department
- Oversee and manage the company’s client relationship management application, reporting key data directly to the Creative Director
- Write, edit, and publish for client-approval supporting sales documentation such as services agreements, scopes of work, and design agreements
- Manage and support communication channels for the Creative Director such as scheduling calendar, email, phone calls, internal team apps
- Support communication between the Creative Director and the Hammer departments such as Sales, Design, Production, and Accounting
- Support communication between the Creative Director and various vendors and trade partners
- Accurately document and publish company processes in written form, presentations, and video walkthroughs (screen capture)
- Research, create, and draft solutions for various company processes and systems alongside the Creative Director
- Learn and anticipate the business activities of the Creative Director to help them prioritize their time on the highest priority items, and successfully (accurately, completely, efficiently) taking some of ‘their’ tasks as your own
- Own and develop the process to meet objectives and deadlines by working with stakeholders from marketing, sales, design, and production as it relates to the business activities of the Creative Director
- Own and protect the integrity of the company’s core values
- Be the problem solver. Whether that’s a late conference call, early morning jobsite meeting, extra research, diligently taking meeting notes, emailing, texting, sending smoke signals, and/or ________ (you’ll need to come up with your own idea here) -- all to help your team get the job done.
This is an incredible opportunity for anyone interested in leveraging their administrative experience to take the next step in their career to gain exposure to both entrepreneurship and the amazing world of residential design and build.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- 3+ years in administrative experience serving a business leader or executive. We will help you grow your knowledge base on different systems and industry terminology, but you must come ready with a confident background in leveraging your attention to detail, organization skills, resourcefulness to help an individual or team get the job done.
- Confident and proficient in using technology and web based applications such as Zendesk, Buildertrend, CoConstruct, Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs (MS Word), Google Sheets (MS Excel), Apple IOS devices
- A related degree is a plus (i.e. marketing, design, writing, etc), but hands-on experience can be just as (or more) impressive.
- Comfortable with meeting demanding deadlines, across multiple projects, simultaneously. It’s a mouthful, but we mean it.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment that is a combination of virtual and in person. Our projects are primarily in the District and nearby. We love our home offices, but seeing you in person is nice too.
- Thrives working autonomously. Enjoys independence and trust, but appreciates and believes in the power of the ‘team.’
- Not shy or afraid to engage, own, and solve problems rapidly. We move quickly, so we’ll expect the same of you.
- Motivated by a company culture that always seeks improvement and rewards those who achieve it for themselves and the company as a whole.
What’s in it for you?
Work with a team who cares about you, not just your output. We value people, we value their families. Work is work, it’s why we're here, it’s why you are reading this job posting of course. But our families, at home and ‘in the office,’ come first.
Work with a team who puts people before money. This means integrity, humility, and compassion are at the top of our minds at all times. We are here to do serious business in the remodeling industry, but never at the expense of our values.
Enjoy autonomy and trust. This job is not for clock-watchers. When you can get the job done and done well, we believe you will know how to best manage your time and stakeholders.
Work with a supportive and expert team, all interested in seeing you learn, grow, and champion your job.
Plenty of room for growth. Whether that’s your expertise, compensation, or both, we are all for it. We started in 2004 and are still passionate about growing our people, our portfolio, and our company as a whole. Every person on the team has a direct impact on the top and bottom lines of the company and therefore, every person has the ability to build their own next opportunity here at Hammer.
- Health insurance premium stipend
- Dental and vision insurance
- Data and internet stipend
- Flexible working hours, primarily from office and some virtual (work from home)
- Rockville office is in a modern and private coworking space fitted with an arcade, coffee bar, white board room, and tv lounge areas.
- Company-provided laptop and monitor for use throughout your employment (based on role)
- 5 paid holidays plus paid days off for the Friday after Thanksgiving and from December 24th to January 31st.
- 10 paid time off days (per year) that start accruing the day you start
Anyway, if all this sounds like your cup of tea then APPLY! We look forward to hearing from you.
JOB APPLICATION FORM
To comply and fulfill the requirements and responsibilities of the company following the established guidelines to the best of our abilities.
To treat the company, its employees, associates, and clients in the same manner as we would have them treat ourselves - with understanding and consideration for the views and options of the company and others.
To cultivate and practice a mindset and pattern of being flexible, available, and teachable in the corporate environment - a positive demeanor.
To work and perform in all situations with the highest level of personal and corporate ethics, character, and honesty.
To work with a demeanor of gratefulness and grace.
To strive to perform every task, from the smallest to the largest, with the highest level of quality, distinction, virtue.
Respectful and timely communication will be considered and practiced as one of the highest priorities and best tools for effectively maintaining a productive, healthy, and respectful work environment.